I realized that much of my view of the Chinese has been shaped by my previous international travel and frankly does not reflect the consumer that is being written about in this article. My experience has been with the label seeking consumer. This article discusses more about the Chinese culture as a whole, their decision making, and their influences.
It was interesting to see the discussion of how the influences in the West have taken some prominence in advertising messages in East Asia.
I am looking forward to finding American brands around town in China - not because I am looking for the comforts of home but to see how they are marketed. I wonder how many - if any- American brands I might see at Fashion Week.
While this picture is not from my trip to Paris I did find that the luxury department stores had lines just like this one of Chinese (and other East Asian) consumers seeking luxury brands.

No comments:
Post a Comment