Finally, free day. Wanna know how excited I am? 4 AM excited.
There was so much I wanted to do in Hong Kong. I'm going to have to preface this blog with saying it didn't all happen. Not even close. I have to go back one day because I have "unfinished business".
The day began with heading to the Tian Tan Buddha. Just getting there was an exciting adventure. To get to the top of the mountain where the buddha and accompanying monastery is you must take a cable car - and we took one that had a glass bottom. It was exhilarating and stunningly beautiful. It was one of the absolute highlights of my trip. There really aren't many words to express how much I loved the moments that we spent riding up the the top of the mountain. When I say I want to go back to Hong Kong, I want to do that journey again. I'd do it a hundred times. I don't think it will ever get old.
I can't neglect to mention that the buddha itself is pretty magnificent. Minus the number of selfies it induced from the group. But, that's for another day. But at the end of two hundred something stairs was a majestic statue that speaks to the people that have inhibited this corner of the world for hundreds of years. Their beliefs, their culture. It may have only been around since 1993 but it spoke to so much more about Hong Kong. At least it did to me.
We didn't have time to hit the monastery while we were there. We had a few other things to know off the list
Let's Go Where Dreams Come True.
Disney.
Disney was a whirlwind with difficulties getting in. But we made it. We were only there for an hour and a half or so but we made it count. Two rides, a parade, and fast souvenir shopping later we were gone. But we went. And it was all I needed.
And we ran out the day.
We just went until we couldn't anymore. Shopping, sightseeing, laughing. The night ended with sushi. And just like that it was over.
No comments:
Post a Comment